Saturday, January 29, 2011

Greatholm: A World Without Stars.

In Greatholm, the night sky is barren.  The Heavenly Aegis of The All-Father protects the good people of The World from the fell creatures that would come from the stars.  Only The All-Father's four sentinels -Byrdlung, Guthfugel, Lyftfloga, and Paloer - watch over us from the dark while the All-Father tends to his other children.
I was in my Astronomy class on Wednesday and we were talking about the basics of orbits and such and how the constellations appear to shift in the night sky due to the movement of the Earth on it's axis as well as its rotation around the Sun.  The professor mentioned some stars and it got me thinking of Raggi's interpretation of the Contact Other Plane spell in Lamentations of the Flame Princess.  Then I started thinking, "What would happen if there were something blocking the stars?" From there, the Aegis of The All-Father was born.  And just for fun, no moon.  Night is DARK.  The years are longer (almost twice as long as our years) and the seasons are harsher.  The summers are hot and the winters are FRIGID.  I'm excited about the direction Greatholm is taking.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this concept. It certainly sets the stage for a darker environment. I'll follow the furter developments of Greatholm, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very cool. What will you do about lycanthropes? Just shift whenever, or shift in response to emotions, like the Hulk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking there is no lycanthropy in Greatholm. However, an analogue powered by emotions (or other things--for some reason, I just thought of Cat People) wouldn't be out of line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP.
    WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM 
    WHATS APP: +2347012841542

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete